As promised I will share everyday of this week, a delicious and superhealthy recipe with quinoa. I loved this vegan version of “Kibbeh” as lunch. KIBBEH is a traditional snack from the Eastern kitchen with nuts, grains and sweet potatoe. It’s so good. I love it! 😋😋 Here is the recipe:
Ingredients: ✳️One big sweet potato, peeled and cut into pieces
✳️50 grams of uncooked quinoa
✳️Handfull of shopped coriander
✳️1/2 tbsp of chilli piment
✳️1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
✳️1 tbsp of massala herbs
✳️ Dash of cumin powder
✳️ 1 small onion, shopped
✳️Handfull of macademian nuts shopped – optional :add extra pinenuts
✳️Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Boil water, add sweet potato. Let it cook for about 5 min and add uncooked quinoa. Cook for another 10 till 15 minutes until sweet potato and quinoa are cooked.
3. Pour off the water and let the water drain
4. Mash sweet potato and quinoa on a really small/low fire, to get rid of the excess of water
5.add koriander, herbs, onion, nuts and a spoon of olive oil and stir – taste if it needs more finishing touch by your preference
5. Put in an oven dish (with baking paper) and smooth out top layer.
6.Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and cut immediately into 6 (or less or more) pieces – put keep in the oven dish. Let it cool down for about 15 minutes in this dish and serve with salad and home made tatziki!